Easy Steps To Opt Out Of Netflix’s Adverts in the UK
In August 2018, Netflix started to trial adverts of its own products globally. As far back as 2015, the streaming provider has always denied it would play advertising. Time will tell.
Can you stop these adverts right now from ruining your night? Simply yes you can.
Here’s the simple steps to make sure you are not annoyed by adverts.
- Log into your account. It does not matter if it is tablet, desktop, mobile. View far right hand on the top menu bar next to the search magnifying glass with your profile icon – mine is with the dog with the blue background.
- Then scroll down to account and click it
- A new page will appear. Scroll down until you see TEST PARTICIPATION. Click test participation
- The Netflix Test Participation page will load. You will see you have been signed up to it if you agreed or not. Slide or click the ON switch button to OFF
- To opt out you will see this screen. It says ‘off’
- Press the blue DONE button, and you are done.
- Happy Viewing.. make a cuppa, and say thanks below if it helped!
For now, this means you have opted out of the test. At the time of writing this opt out was correct. It is uncertain if Netflix will make this compulsory in the future. Until then, happy viewing folks. Thanks for stopping by