How to Change User Interface / GUI From Black – White Adobe Indesign CC
Adobe recently changed the user interface GUI in Adobe Indesign CC and Adobe Illustrator CC from a default white to a default black. For me this was a massive visual change. Here’s how to change the user interface using Indesign’s menus to get back to business as usual. It works the same for Illustrator once you know what to look for!
Step 1: Launch App
- Launch the Adobe Indesign CC application
Step 2: Select Preferences
- Go to the InDesign or Illustrator name in the menu bar, select preferences in the menu & then interface from the drop down menu & click
- Second step: Go to Indesign logo, select preferences & then interface & click
Step 3: Choose Theme
- A menu preference box for Adobe InDesign CC will appear.
- Select the interface button on the left hand side [2nd item in picture]
- Look right to see the heading Appearance
- The GUI for Adobe Indesign CC in the menu is defaulted at Color Theme: Medium Dark
- Click the Color Theme to bring down the menu.
- Select Interface [2nd item down on the left] & the right panel shows the present colour scheme.
Step 4: Customise & Finish
- Select ‘LIGHT’ to return it back to the old style default grey/white Adobe InDesign GUI in the new Adobe InDesign CC you know and love.
- You’re done. Read the next step for customisation.
Step 5: Further Customisation
- On the right hand side, next to the drop down color scheme in the interface menu, notice the percentage field.
- Selecting this menu item will bring down a sliding bar. You may then only make the colour scheme GUI / interface in Adobe CC InDesign darker shades.
- Using the slider chooses a new theme name.
- Adjust to your taste.
- Please ‘LIKE’ on Facebook, Twitter and Comment if I helped!
- Using the slider next to theme you may make the interface lighter or darker.