iTunes has a huge library of photos even for rare indie and abstract artists. But, it don’t have them all. This is why you need to know how to add your own album covers to iTunes. In addition, if you are an artist you might want to add your own album cover to your music. Here’s how to add artwork album covers to iTunes.
How to easily change artwork / album cover in iTunes
1. When you open iTunes it ought to have pre-selected what you need. If not, then click MUSIC from the left hand menu and ALBUMS from the middle menu.Browse view, select the album in your iTunes.
2. Then select the album and either right click and press GET INFO or use the keyboard commands: Command-I for the Mac or Ctrl-I for the PC.
iTunes will then alert the user that you are going to edit more than one item [that is if the album has more than ONE TRACK. You will see a pop up window saying: “Are you sure you want to edit information for multiple items?”
3. Click Yes to continue
4. Under the INFO tag [far left in the MULTIPLE ITEMS INFORMATION SCREEN] view the Artwork field by selecting its check box. Artwork is in the right hand panel, just below BPM.
5. Drag and drop the artwork file into the Artwork panel and CLICK CHECK the box.
6. Click OK to save and make the changes.
7. Press OKAY and the album cover automatically updates in iTunes. That’s it. The artwork for the entire album will show on your iPad / iPod and in any screen savers using the program!
If this helped you, please leave a message. This information was correct as of October 10, 2013.